Preamp or A/V receiver???

Hi. I posted a similar question recently but didn't receive the response I thought I would. I'm wondering if a decent A/V receiver is inferior/superior to a tuner/preamp unit such as the Adcom GTP-500II. I currently use my Onkyo Integra DTR 6.3 home theater receiver as my tuner and preamp. I run my Arcam 8SE hdcd/cd player through the A/V receiver, using GlowPower ZYXT interconnects, to my Adcom GFA-555 amp (200 wpc @ 8 ohms). I use solid Audioquest Hyperlitz speaker cables to connect to my KEF Reference 103/4 tower speakers (4 ohm). To my ears the system sounds excellent, but I can never seem to be satisfied. Because I thought the A/V receiver was likely inferior due to the extra electronics (internal DAC, surround sound components, DTS effects, etc), I purchased a nice Adcom GTP-500II tuner/preamp (with remote) on ebay. Both the Onkyo and the Adcom use gold-plated rca connections, and both offer phono inputs. The Onkyo Integra is Malasyian made (surprisingly), while the Adcom is of course a US product. I haven't received the Adcom preamp yet, but I'm wondering if I made the right decision. Any thoughts??
klipschking

Showing 1 response by cruz123

You've answered your own question. Since you've already bought the Adcom, it doesn't matter what we think. Listen to both, keep the one you like and sell the other.