Preamp for Upgraded McCormack DNA-225

My stock DNA-225 is scheduled for Steve McCormack's "Platinum" upgrades. This will provide me with balanced (and unbalanced) inputs. What would anyone with experience recommend with respect to a tube preamp with balanced ins and outs for roughly $4K retail. Remote is not necessary. Thanks in advance.
4yanx

Showing 3 responses by 4yanx

Labtec, they will drag me out of my stereo room before a multi-channel unit finds its way in there. In the big screen room, OK, but not in my sanctuary! :-)

How do you think the ARC you mention compares with somethign like a BAT VK30SE?

I was under the impression that the RLD was unbalanced only, with or without mods. Am I wrong?
I did a bit of cursory research on the LS-5. Why would a pre with that kind of original price tag come with what appears to be a regular, fixed power cord?
Vladimir, it is true about the impedance. One must choose wisely in that regard. A finely discrete voulme contril is also necessary.

I tried a Bent passive with the Mc at one point. It was superb in many ways, and turned out to work perfectly in another person's system, yet I missed a bit in terms of dynamics and low end cotrol with mine. I'd have to do a loaner plan in my system before buying another.