Preamp for Quad 989 and Quicksilver v4

I'm anxious to hear recommendation on a tube preamp for my Quads and Quickies. I'm currently using a YBA Passion pre which sound good, but looking for a warmer tube like sound. My budget would be 1500-2500 new or used. Down the road I may use this set up in my Home Theater so a pass through is important along with a remote.
Please share your thoughts.
sea2
You might want to look at the Modwright SWL 9.0SE which has gotten excellent reviews and has the features you are looking for. I had good luck with a PSE HL1 preamp with the Quicksilver's but I believe that PSE has closed down.
I use the Modwright SWL 9.0SE preamp with my Quad 989s (and a pair of Channel Islands D200 monoblocks); they all work really well together.
Joel
Another vote or The Modwright. Buy a used SWL 9.0 and send it in to have it updated to the latest power supply and teflon cap upgrade ($500). That upgrade brings it to another level. I have 200 hrs on my new cap and the they are suppose to get even better.
Jeff: can you tell me a bit more about the changes in the ModWright after the update? Thanks.