Preamp for NADC370,please

Hi,I have been looking for a preamp(around 600$)in replacing the preamp section of my NADC370 Integrated amp;expecting for sonic upgrade(softer highs,heavier bass).
My systems (1)AhTjoeb4000 CDP;(2)Quadral Ascent850 spkr;(3)Analysis Plus Oval 9 spkr cable;(4)TruthLink-IC(harmonic tech).Your opinion and suggestions is highly appreciated and thanks a lot
Simon
simonleemd

Showing 2 responses by simonleemd

How about Parasound H-PH 850 or Musical Fidelity X-PRE ? which one is better match with the NADC370 ? Once again,your opinion and suggestions is highly appreciated and thanks a lot
Simon
Thanks Dekay for your info. BTW,I have replaced the jumper of my NADC370 with TruthLink IC(same IC I used for CDP connection, only half-shorter,0.5 m).Do you think replacing the JAN Philips 6922 stock tubes of the CDP with Amperex 7308 would do it(softer highs,heavier bass)? It seemed that there is no sense of using MF-X PRE without pairing it with the X-PSU is'nt it ? The ads of Parasound HP850 preamp stated that it is supplied with 1900 uf cap?? so that it would deliver extensive punchy bass,I wonder if this is true?? Perhaps you and any one might comment on this and thanks
Simon