Preamp for NADC370,please

Hi,I have been looking for a preamp(around 600$)in replacing the preamp section of my NADC370 Integrated amp;expecting for sonic upgrade(softer highs,heavier bass).
My systems (1)AhTjoeb4000 CDP;(2)Quadral Ascent850 spkr;(3)Analysis Plus Oval 9 spkr cable;(4)TruthLink-IC(harmonic tech).Your opinion and suggestions is highly appreciated and thanks a lot
Simon
simonleemd

Showing 1 response by dekay

Simon: Did you ever replace/upgrade the jumpers on the 370? If not, then I would try this first (as it is a weak link). Commercial reviews of the X-Pre state that it really needs the addition of the MF X-PSU to perform well. This has been said of all the X-gear that uses the little stock wall wart, for a power supply, and makes sense. Also what tubes are you running in the CD player? This could be another possible upgrade? Based on your goals of "softer HF's and fuller bass", certain 6dj8/6922/7308 type tubes can supply this sound and some not. Smooth HF's suggests tubes from the Amperex/Philips/Mullard group with Amperex white label USA's being my favorite all around tube (6922 or 7308 - both are good).