Preamp For McIntosh MC352

Hi

I just bought a McIntosh MC352 a few days ago and absolutely love it. I am going to be upgrading my preamp soon and would like some feedback from the knowledgeable people here on this site. Thinking of a c42, c15, or c2200. I am also considering Bat and Audio Research.

Thanks
Walter
sroka004538e

Showing 3 responses by jalen01

CK_1: Have You had a chance to listen to the Bat31se VS. The MC2200. Both are in the $3000. + Range on the used markets. Just wondering your take on the issue.

Many of you know that I've been considering a new/used pre for a while (Budget Not There Yet) to mate with my Mc7100. With All this time on my hands I've researched every Big Named Model there is from AES to Bats to Joule, and have now come full circle back to Mcintosh. Which I think will be best for my needs.

You guys read the latest Sound & Vision Magazine? They Have A Outstanding Review of the new MC46 ($3500.). Say's it's basically all the pre one may ever need for their 2ch, multi- ch audio & HT needs...Major thumbs up there.

Just curious has anyone compared the MC40 To any of the Pre's mentioned in this thread? Just wonder how it would stack up against the the likes of MC42, MC46 & MC2200?

Thanks,
Jalen
Oops, Totally messed that one up (MC46 Review) is actually review of MC45 and is in the April 04' issue of Home Theater Mag.
Thanks for the input Aball. I Thought you were set for an upgrade Yourself (MC2200???) I'm Guessing the 712 is either that good or your budget is funny as well.....Heck, maybe by the time your ready for an upgrade I could buy your 712. :P

Does the 712 have balanced outputs???

Thanks