Preamp Advice plz?? Using Nak PA-7 & Legacy Focus

Hi!

I'm 21 years of age and building my first system, really excited, spending way too much..

I've bought all of this stuff second hand: Original Legacy Focus speakers ($2500), a Nakamichi PA-7 ($700) and an Azur 640H cd player ($800).

I really, really need help finding a Preamp now. My budget is around $400-500, so I'm hoping to find a used one so that I can afford the quality to match the other components (they ARE good components, right?? x_x). I was also hoping to get a Preamp with a remote. ..and a headphone jack, but that's not going to happen.

I'm totally lost here, don't know what to look for or where to look for it. I called some local places in Toronto, but found nothing. I'm hoping I'll be fortunant enough to find what I need on this site. I would appretiate anyone's help so much.

Cheers,
Rob
caribou007

Showing 1 response by caribou007

Hey, thanks for the advice everyone.

Pescolar- there is a Cary SLP 88 up for sale, asking $975 (includes some extra tubes- link:http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?preatube&1170359958)- it's too rich for my blood.. i emailed, asking for a deal.. here's hoping, heh..

Could someone please explain to me if I need to worry about wearing out these tubes? I listen to music all day, every day. Sometimes light music, sometimes heavy. Ok, pretty often, it's full and heavy, if not too loud.. Does this mean I'll be buying replacement tubes for a tube amp?

Excuse my noobie questions, hehe..

Cheers, and happy holidays to you all.