Preamp Advice for my System

I am considering changing the preamp in my system. I have a BAT-42KSE and have started to look for something different. How would you compare a Pass X1, Bryston BP-26, or Classe CP-800 to the BAT?  How are those 3 different from each other. The BAT sounds a little laid back to my ears. 
richmos
I'm going to give going XLR from the Bel Cantos to the BAT a try. When I first purchased the Apogees I ran them full range, but then the subwoofer bug caught me. I've been through some different equipment since then, so It's worth a try to take the crossover out of the loop. 

Thanks for the input.
Bigddesign - You can keep your right foot. I finally got new XLR cables and went directly from the Bel Canto's XLR to the BAT XLR. Took the sub and sub crossover out of the loop. You are right on - I forgot how good the Apogees can sound full range. Whole new level of clarity and dynamic range. Plenty of bottom.

Thanks
richmos OP

The Ref1000 monbocks are: 
" The input impedance was to specification at low and middle frequencies, at 200k ohms balanced and 100k ohms unbalanced. These figures dropped to 160k and 58k ohms at 20kHz, respectively, but these are still usefully high input impedances."

This is great for high'ish output impedance tube preamps, even for passives preamps, but! because the ref1000's are very low input sensitivity "3V", passives or unity gain preamps will only be great if your source can put out 3V or more
If you give me your source brand and model. I could help you out further.

Cheers George  
Georgehifi - My sources are Marantz SA-15S1 SACD player and Music Hall MMf-7 turntable.