Preamp Advice/experiences needed

I recently auditioned a Vac Renaissance Mk 5 and it was damn fine. But there are some issues I have with it that would not make it a great fit in my system and also costs a bit much. I also have on my short list the Aesthetix Calypso Eclipse and Ayre KX-5 twenty. Can anyone chime in with their experiences? any advice is appreciated. (my pwr amp is CJ Premiere 12 monos). TIA

jimbones

Go to your userID. You want to create a virtual system. If you click around a bit.. you’ll hit on it. You can easily upload photos and add your components.

I ran Pr12's for a number of years.  I tried several different preamps but always found CJ tubed worked best.  Depending on your budget one of the newer CJ preamps would really wake those amps up.  If you like the older CJ sound, look for a Pr16, which is a very nice match for the 12's.

@jimbones you can find virtual systems here:

Just click create a system and don't forget to add pics!

Post removed 

If you can find a used Rogue Athena it meets your criteria (for a LOT less money) and I personally prefer its sound quality over their newer RP-9. I’ve also had a Ren V and felt its bass response was a little soft, Fantastic midrange, though.

Above that the Audio Research Reference 6 (used) is better than all of these preamps and also meets your requirements, though at a higher price-point. The Athena is just so good for "cheap" though.

Was Kevin Carter ever really with VAC? I don’t think that is clear. Anyways, K&K seems to have shuttered in the last few years. The onboard phono stages in VAC preamps are hard to beat, IMO.