Preachtree Nova220se compared to Devialet

Trying to assemble a decent system here, aside from not sure on speakers (deciding between Focal 1038be, Salk SoundScape8 and Aerial 7T) I am trying to figure out what the best way to power the speakers.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish, starting from ground zero with no components yet. I have a large iTunes library and zero CD's. I have no problem buying the 25-30 CD's that I really want high quality sound from. Not sure what the quality of my iTunes library is and I doubt all the CD's I had were imported as lossless.

I'll be going with the Oppo BR/DVD player and am not sure on power. I had a chance to check out the traditional integrated offerings from Krell, etc., and also had a demo of the Peachtree Nova220se and the Devialet. Really liked the sound of the Devialet but it is $16,000 whereas the Peachtree is about $2000. That is a huge price difference.

So my question really is will the Peachtree 220se be a good choice to power either Focal 1038be/Salk SoundScape 8/Aerial 7T speakers?
seanile

Showing 2 responses by akg_ca

Three comments;

For Build quality and performance ...... Not even close ..... Devialet hands down.

You will need a quality (need I say worthy) source and cables to match it in quality and resulting performance to permit it to actually perform at it's capabilities. ...system synergy matters .... Big time.

In this hobby, you get what you pay for. There is no alchemy that permits an also-ran in a very crowded market To match up against a thoroughbred

Your only question is whether you want to spend the $$.
There are many good budget friendly alternatives that still get you what you want (eg LFD, NAIM, REGA OSIRIS, ?? Pick 'em)

When you move up, then the OPPO as your source suggests an upgrade also to marry up to the performance Of your new hi-end amp and speakers for two channel.

I had the Cambridge AZUR which is a clone of the OPPO with the same board, before I upgraded to the ARCAM Blu ray. All three are fine kit, but they were designed for video and manufactured multi-channel primarily for home theatre. None can compete with a hi-end separate high end player for two channel.

Consider a different upgraded source eventually to marry up to the performance of the new amp and worthy your speakers