Pre/Pro for $2K

...new to the site, first time posting. I'm upgrading from a Yamaha pro logic receiver and am having trouble deciding among the B&K Ref 20, Acurus ACT-3, or the Marantz AV-9000. (I'm leaning toward the Acurus as I've heard they've corrected the "hum" problem). I'd like to keep it under $2K but could sacrifice and add a few hundred for great value. (B&K Ref 30?). I'm primarily a music (jazz, reggae, & R&B) listner, but enjoy high impact movies. My system consists of the Adcom GFA6000 5-channel amp, B&W DM604 3-way floor standing mains, Boston center channel and remotes, and a Paradigm PS-1200 sub. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, any suggestions on good but inexpensive ($50 - $60) interconnects would be a tremendous help. THANKS!!!
herbl4

Showing 1 response by lakerat2124

Herb14, I run an B&K and it doesn't disappoint. It was a HUGE step over my Denon 3300. I use my system 50/50 music/movie and would buy B&K Pre/Pro again. Music sounds awesome. I have heard Krell, Lexicon, Proceed, Acurus, Meridian, Rotel and for the money I felt B&K was the pick. Would suggest Ref 30 for Video switching. Cables I use AudioTruth Opals which have been discontinued. They can be had for a fair price($70-90). AQ Quartz are cheaper and also a good value. Home Grown Audio cables have been talked about a bunch and seem to be a good value. Depending on what you are running, cable can make a big difference. I was using Monster. They are great business men apparently, but the AQ kills what I had. Hope this helps....Happy Listening.......LR