Pre Pro advice. NAD T 187 or??

I know that this topic has been covered somewhat, but I don't think I have read any discussion of the NAD T187. I have a home theater room that I use almost exclusively for movies. Have Vienna Acoustics Beethovens with a VA center channel and small rears with a SVS sub for a 5.1 surround system. Using an ATI 1505 amp and have been using an old EAD Signature pre/pro that was modified a few years back. The EAD sounds great but lacks compatibility with some of the newest HD sound formats. I called a local store to ask about their recommendations for replacing the EAD and they recommended the NAD T187 at $3,000. I have a dedicated two channel setup in another room for music. Thus, HT applications are primary in this system. Any thoughts on whether the NAD is a good choice? He talked about it being modularly upgradeable both in hardware or software. Any other comparably priced (or less!) pre pros that I should consider?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.
luvwine

Showing 2 responses by finsup

It's been awhile since I have followed NAD. I liked their sound - but - has NAD solved the popping / clicking sounds when changing inputs?
PDN
Isn't the T187 a pre-pro and not and AVR? If you want an AVR, you need to look at T787 and others.

Anyway, I checked over at another forum that has a number of posts about NAD products and Apbiii may be right: It is possible that with the new electronic relays and firmware updates in the T187, the clicking may have been eliminated which plagued a previous design. Popping may be an unrelated problem that may or may not be fixed. The thread is a long one and I have not read through it and its 4,700 replies.