Pre for Pass XA60.5

I am looking for a top pre amp to be combined with my Pass XA60.5 monoblocks. The rest of the system is composed of Avalon aspect speakers and a Wadia 381i.
An obvious possibility would be to use Pass XP-10 or 20. However, I thought a good matching tube amp might also be a good idea to get a special flavor into the system (but I would dislike a "tubish sound"). Has anyone compared different Pres in combination with the XA.5 series of Pass? Please let me know your experiences! Many thanks in advance!
BoSo27
boso27

Showing 2 responses by kj001

I've been using a Purity Audio Design Ultra GT pre-amp with my XA100.5s and a pair of Wilson Sashas. I can't say enough good things about the match. The guys at Purity really went all out on this beast - Dueland coupling caps, Bybees purifiers and music rails, separate acrylic chassis, silver throughout, etc. The dual 12AU7s allow me the perfect amount of tuning to compliment my tastes.

Bill and Joe from Purity are class acts and have been receiving some great reviews on their stuff. Worth a look.
Boso27, I would agree you probably won't find many units (if any) in Europe at this time since they have only been manufacturing the line for a year and a half. If you were seriously interested, I imagine they might be willing to make arrangements on a demo.

Best of luck in your search.