Pre and Amp suggestions for B&W Nautilus 804?

Does anybody have good info on the ideal preamp/amp combination for the B&W Nautilus speakers?
I had the 805s and now I have the 804s.
I have been using Classe Audio pieces.
I went from the CAP-80 to the CAP-151 to the CP-35 and the CA-101 combo.
I am looking for matching preamp/amp combos, solid state, with a warm character.
The ones that have gotten my attention are upgraded Classe, Pass Labs, Sim/Moon Audio, and Balanced Audio Technology.
Any imput?
Please have or have owned B&W Nautilus speakers.
Thanks,
John
jl2

Showing 1 response by krell_man

I'm running B&W Silver Signatures. I traded in my Krell KRC-3 Pre and KSA-50S after Christmas on a Musical Fidelity A308cr Pre and Amp. I heard them after I ordered the MF Tri-Vista 21 DAC from a new dealer in town. I canceled the DAC order after hearing them A308cr's because I couldn't listen to my system without getting sick to my stomach. When reviewers say "it's like lifting a veil" from the sound, I now heard exactly what they meant. The Krell's served me well for eight years, but these Musical Fidelity pieces lifted the veil I never even knew I had. Also, try spiking the speakers with AudioPoints instead of the ones from B&W. PS. I ended up getting the Tri-Vista 21 DAC, and now I'm getting the lowest bass I've ever heard out of the Silver Signatures. I always thought Krell was the master of bass response.