Pre and Amp suggestions for B&W Nautilus 804?

Does anybody have good info on the ideal preamp/amp combination for the B&W Nautilus speakers?
I had the 805s and now I have the 804s.
I have been using Classe Audio pieces.
I went from the CAP-80 to the CAP-151 to the CP-35 and the CA-101 combo.
I am looking for matching preamp/amp combos, solid state, with a warm character.
The ones that have gotten my attention are upgraded Classe, Pass Labs, Sim/Moon Audio, and Balanced Audio Technology.
Any imput?
Please have or have owned B&W Nautilus speakers.
Thanks,
John
jl2

Showing 1 response by billyb

JI2,
I have 804s and have been looking at pre-amp / amp combos to go with my naim cd5 and 804s. In my search, I have spent a good deal of time at Innovative Audio in NYC. The Nautilus line was introduced to the media at their Manhattan location. Only 801 - 803s were introduced to the media at that time and the 803s were paired with Naim gear. Although they weren't developed with Naim gear, the engineers and Innov Audio's staff found that the combination has a "magical" sound. I have listened to the 804s with Naim and think it has a wonderful sound. I think the sales person (who was also the individual who helped set-up the Naim / 803 room) mentioned that the Nautilus line was developed using Linn and Krell gear.