Pre Amp Processor to match my Parasound HCA 2205A

I have recently been puting together a home theater system consisting of Paradigm Signature S1's, C1, ADP 1's all in piano black. My subwoofer is a M&K MX-350MKII(real cherry wood). All my speaker wiring is Synergistic Research Tesla Accelerator(Bi-Wired). My power cords are all S.R - Tesla T2, T3, Precision Reference. My S.R Quattro power supply feeds all my Active cords. A PS Audio Quintescence supplies the clean power to the wall outlet. An Active AC Master Coupler power cord and Active Alpha Sterling X2 rca's connect my sub. My pre amp for now is my Yamaha RX Z1(Gold) receiver. My main area of concern is which pre processor to mate with my system. I have researched the Onkyo Pro 885, Integra 9.8, Parasound 7100,C1 and C2. I'm looking for all the new formats. I listen to mainly movies about 60/40. I like nice wide, deep soundstaging, depth, accuracy, detail in everything I listen to. I am willing to spend around $3000.00. Up till now the Parasound C1 stands out by reviews and forums but it doesn't play the new formats(DTS Master Audio, Dolby True HD, DD Plus. The Onkyo Pro 885/Integra 9.8 is a good choice for movies but I've read that for 2 channel music they don't excell. Can anyone help me out with my decisions or direct me towards a match for my system and tastes......THX PAUL
128x128bacardi

Showing 1 response by mmarvin19

Hi Bacardi.

I like to match the brand of my pre/pro with my amp. I also like to have the disc player do the decoding rather than the sink, so I agree with Upgrade.

But,shopping around never hurts. In addition to Integra and Onkyo, you might take a look at the Rotel RSP-1069, the Sunfire Theater Grand Processor 5 and the NAD MI5. Outlaw has an intersting pre/pro but it has DVI in/out rather than HDMI - I wonder why? Anyway, HDMI/DVI converter plugs are not expensive.

Mike19