Pre amp for Lamm!

Yes, I wonder anyone has used a pre-amp from other manufacturers for Lamm ML 2.2 with success? I am using Herron VTSP-3A which works very well with ML2.1 but seems it does not have enough juice to for ML2.2! Anyone have any idea?
luna
jond
What do you mean by not enough "juice"?

The Lamm has input sensitivity of just 0.85v for full output , so gain is not the issue, as even a passive pre will do with todays sources being more than 2v So he must mean there’s no boogie factor (too soft?) using it with the tube Herron.

(unless he’s using phono, then the Herron may not have enough gain) But there are two gain modes luna
  • Two gain modes (High and Low) read your manual on how to select high gain if this is the case.
The VTSP-3A has two gain modes for system matching. The VTSP-3A gain modes can be switched by holding the phono button in for 2 seconds. The high gain “Hdb” mode has 14 db gain and the low gain “Ldb” mode has 8 db total gain. The “Ldb” gain mode is indicated by a decimal point in the volume level display window. The mode “Hdb” or “Ldb” are also indicated in the volume level display window anytime the phono mode button is pressed on the front panel or from the remote control. The Ldb mode is indicated by a decimal point in the volume display. The gain can only be changed from the front panel phono button and not from the remote control.

Cheers George
I am already using High gain. I should say that when I am paring it with ML2.1 vs ML2.2, I found that that later sounded a bit less dynamic and flat. The Herron just sings with the 2.1 but parring with 2.2 it just feels disjoined and flat.