Powering On/Off Tube CD Player Jolida JD-100

Would appreciate anyones help on this. I don't know if this is my imagination or just the mood I'm in that day but sometimes,
the sound from my Jolida JD-100 Tube CD player connected to my Musical Fidelity Tube X-10V3 Tube Buffer sounds different on the same CD & same levels.

What I need to know is: 1. Should I leave my Jolida tube CD player powered on all the time or is it OK to turn it complete off when I'm not using? The price of replacing tubes for usage is minimal. 2. Likewise but for a different circumstance, I leave my MF X-10V3 Tube Buffer disconnected/powered off when not using because the tube inside is 1 of only 50,000 in existence with a lifetime of around 11,000 hours. Will leaving it on, even though it will use up the tube rapidly & be costly to replace, produce better sound. as for my tubes themselves, they have alot of hours left on them, so that is not affecting variances in sound.
hershon2000

Showing 2 responses by hershon2000

Thanks for the info Is standby on the Jolida when the "red light" is on?

IN regards to the MF X-10V3 tube buffer, the problem is they cost around $250 and there is limited stock & the actual tubes can't be replaced because only a finite amount are available.

I'll probably disconnect the Tbbe Buffer after use & leave the Jolida on or on standby.
If your X-10 V3 is on all the time, it will probably after a year and a few months be worthless. The good news is that these Tube Buffers are still available for around $250 or so.
I have an extra one. The bad news is, as I mentioned, the actual tube used, is from a finite group of 50,000 left, after that, there is no more. So the tube itself, can not be replaced. Once its connected (blue light is on), its on, whether you play music or not. You really have no idea how many hours are left on the ones sold by people on AUdiogon- they might say little use but if they were still powered on, they're being used. I basically use mine about 4-6 hours a day and then disconnect. I turn it on, with the volume of my receiver not really on because if the volume is on, it may initially make a sound.