powering klipschorns with high power mcintosh amps

im running a mcintosh system in quad with 1 pair of k-horns & 1 pair of klipsch cornwalls,i am currently running a mac c38 preamp/2 mac mcd 7007 cd players/2 mac mq101 equlizers (1 eq for each amp)1 mac mr7082 tuner/ 1 mac mc300 amp & 1 mac mc2105 amp with a mac scr3 for remote power up of the amps / im running the cornwalls on the mc300 & i love that amp & it fits the cornwalls needs to a tee/ im running the k-horns on the mc2105 & i hate that amp, the 2105 does ok with the k-horns but it lacks something not to mention that it looks like crap/ im thinking about running a mac mc150 on the k-horns or maybee even a 7150,i want to stay with solid state/any k-horn users who are running them with hi power amps especialy the mc150 or 7150 please let me know your thoughts,mike.
128x128bigjoe

Showing 1 response by smoov1444

Your decision to reduce your power (selecting a lower powered Mac Amp) should solve any problem you're having with The K-Horns. Since the Midrange Horn in Klipsch was changed around 1995 the Horns have lost something to many of those that really liked them. In my opinion The Aluminum M/R Horn sounded better than the Tractrix Horn currently used in the Korner Horns. There will probably not ever be a noise/distortion problem with the McIntosh Amps even when using Horns as they are some of the most quiet Amps available.