Powerful, smallish floorstanders with high WAF?

Looking to upgrade from Focal Profile 918s to something more muscular, but they can't be a ton bigger or uglier.  Running with Halcro MC70 and can devote two 200 watt channels to each speaker, also with a REL R528 sub.  Any suggestions?  Totem Earth and Metal are appealing, but pricey.   
128x128jgerish
Used pair of Totems or Audio Physics fit the bill; they have a number of models at various price points. Side-firing woofs on the AP's dictate careful setup. Cheers,
Spencer
Just curious how op knows it's the speakers that are underperforming?   What amp is used?   Maybe amp cannot drive the Focals to their max.  I heard them once off a krell integrated and they did not strike me as wimpy.   Not sure  what of similar size would necessarily be better in that regard.    Something bigger may be needed.  How about adding powered subs?   That would take things up a level or two. 
I do not know what you mean by "powerful", but I really enjoy my Larsen 8 speakers.  I had borrowed a pair from my local dealer and my wife actually liked the way they looked!  She says that they remind her of plant stands.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/larsen-model-8-loudspeaker/
Platinum Audio Solo's....except for some 'stats I owned, these are the most coherent, musical, smallish yet powerful speakers I've owned in my 40 years as a 'phile....and speakers my wife doesn't want me to move on from. 

You'll get lots of suggestions here, probably all good. Without color or price to go on, I recommend you take a look at stand-mounted Sonus Faber speakers. Several of their models are gorgeous (IMO), but the one thing owners mention in their ads is the high WAF. Don't be afraid to consider the older models as well. No, I'm not selling mine!