Power line question

I live in an apartment building that's relatively new (built in 1993). There are no visible power lines attached to the building, which leads me to believe the power lines are underground. The building has a dedicated line for air conditioners. I know very little about power outlets, wiring, amperes, etc. All I know it's 115 volts. Here's my question. I will be replacing my tube integrated power amp with tube monoblocks producing at least 150 watts per channel and a tubed preamp. I have seen occasionally discussions about the demand on the power line electronic equipment makes and parameters for dedicated lines and such. Should I worry about blowing fuses or overloading the power line with my new amplification? My gf and I triggered circuit breakers a few times in the past by using hair dryers simultaneously in our respective bathrooms, but once we stopped that practice, no other mishaps occurred. I have a basic power conditioner with 4 outlets, but that's about it. With my less than rudimentary knowledge of power delivery, I wouldn't even know where to start to answer my question so I thought I'd start here. Thank you for any advice.
actusreus

Showing 1 response by gs5556

I don't think you will have a problem. My guess is that each amp will consume about 300 to 400 watts each, maximum. That means both amps and a preamp in the same outlet will have as much of a power draw as a desktop computer, monitor and printer.

Look at the owner's manual. Unless it specifically calls for a separate outlet, you will have no problems. The UL listing means it is safe for standard 15-amp branch circuits.

The reason that two hair dryers tripped circuit breakers is because both draw over 2400 watts, exceeding the 1800 watt maximum that a 15-amp circuit breaker protects (maybe there are lights on that circuit as well). There is no way your rig will exceed 1800 watts -- unless those hair dryers are used on the same circuit.