power for mc452 and c2600

I'm relatively new to high end audio. Had a mcintosh integrated amp for few years and now decided to upgrade to separates. Just received c2600 preamp and awaiting on mc452 amp due to arrive sometime next week. 

I don't know anything about power conditioners and protection devices. currently using monster surge protector. My questions: 

1. what is the minimum protection device that one would use for my equipment
2. does it have to be a power conditioner or just surge protection
3. how much do these "power conditioners" contribute to the overall performance? Can you objectively measure their effect? Can they worsen the performance in any way by limiting power? 
4. is there a real difference in relatively affordable (200-500) vs. higher price units (1000 and above) ? 
5. What are you using and what is your experience with it? 
6. Your recommendation on units with good reputation under $500

thank you 
ei001h

Showing 1 response by mattmiller

How about NONE...Ive owned a MC352 for 10 years and its always been plugged right into the wall socket directly with never a problem (and I move a lot), the problems start when I’ve used cheap devices in the past (they color the sound badly and rob the dynamics and emotion). The MC452 has a fully regulated power supply...anything but a very high dollar (Dave is right) unit will just get in the way of really great sound But, if you must here is a link to a great affordable product that I have heard is one of the least offensive sounding...And Please Please pull that Monster Cable Conditioner off your system...It should be nowhere near a MC452.

http://www.audience-av.com/conditioners/index.html

Matt M