Power cords known to produce good bass

All the cable naysayers and deniers please step aside. We have heard your opinions more than enough already. Thank you.

Tell me if this train of thought is off base or not. I am observing that power cords made with a high strand count of fine gauge high purity wire can be very resolving, very refined sounding and very smooth sounding but, they do not provide good bass. Usually true? Yes or No?

Here's a couple of examples of power cord wire that I find fit the above description. Furutech FP-TCS21 and FP-SO22N, Acrolink 6NP4030 and 7NP4030 II. These are cables that are or were available in bulk for DIY application. I have pretty much done all the DIY cables that can be made using the ready made bulk wire that is on the market. 

Across three systems, I do have a lot of Transparent Audio power cords from the mm2 generation and the Gen 5 generation. All of them are re-terminated by me with Oyaide 004 cord ends.

I'm now looking for opinions about which other manufactured power cords are thought to have good bass. In particular I want to try something to go between the wall receptacles and power conditioners. At present I have two of the Acrolink 7NP40430 II cords in that position. High resolution but bass could be better.

Unfortunately, due to my hearing condition that is called hyperacusis, I'm extremely sensitive to brightness, harshness, shrillness, etc. etc., which means it is no dice on silver wire and most plated cord ends. Other than the Oyaide 004 ends, all of my cord ends and receptacles are un-plated copper.

So, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Ag insider logo xs@2xmwh777

The amp and the speaker produce good bass.

Power cords don’t add anything.

A bad power cord can take away.

use a good power cord and your amp will produce all the bass it can.

once you have a good power cord fully enabling your amp, then changing power cores will do nothing but contribute to the economy.

I am a huge believer in the need for a quality power cord. I can see how a power cord can get a reputation as "creating" good bass. A bad power cord will limit bass. Replace a bad cord with any good cord and the impression is that "this cord really improved my bass".

Jerry

In my experience - where I upgraded speaker cables, interconnects and then power cords - the lower end frequencies became clearer.  The details were more evident and my interpretation is the noise was eliminated (I have shunyata power cords).  

You can't put something into a cable that wasn't in the signal. Maybe you are looking for good dynamics? 

mwh777

your post interests me. I, too, owned Transparent MM2 series Musiclink Super cables cords in a previous life. Not bad at all for the System I owned.

Acrolink is on my Radar currently. Have you thought about moving up the catalog to 8000 or 9000 series?

Happy Listening!