Power cords for Wadia 861

Does anyone have any first-hand experience experimenting with power cords for, say, a Wadia 861 or 301?

Wadia's folks suggest in the owners manuals that people use the stock cord, but it wasn't that long ago that people at Rowland, Audio Research and other high-end audio companies would give you a blank stare if you asked them about after-market power cords for their equipment.

I'm not looking to experiment with a dozen cords, nor do I plan to spend thousands of dollars. I'm just wondering if anyone has found 1.) that they help the Wadia as much as some cords help some other components; and, 2.) is there a really great synergy with a particular cord? Thanks. -- Ron
128x1289rw

Showing 1 response by kenscollick

I have an 861 That i have used a Kimber pk 10 gold but have replaced it with a Synergistic Research Designer Reference X series It was no contest the SR is one serious power cord. I use them on every one of my components. I even went to the trouble of modifying my FPB 400cx. so that I could use A SR. It was a huge improvment over the captive PC that came with it. Be sure to get the X series with Active shielding. you wont be sorry.