Power cords can make a tremendous difference in Digital

I have been into this Hobby - Quest for over 35 years ,and have spent more then a nice home on Audio .
the older I get the less I want to shell out the big bucks.audio wiring in general is Waay over priced 
I owned a Audiostore and know the markup 4-6 x in some cases even more .it depends on what they can get always with . For the record ,Occ Or -0 Crystal Copper ,Silveris by far the purest
and will give you the clearest signal path ,  that being said there are only 4 companies in the World
licensed to make this to the Original patented design from Japan .
i Built my own using Furutech Occ-6-9s pure Copper awg 14 for my Belcanto dac
also using the same Furutech Occ Copper male and female connectors ,plus on the dac Furutech Copper IEC input . I had a $500 Kimber power cord on it , this new power cord gave me at least 
another $5% more musicality across the board, and very cross sonicly to my brothers $1300 Shunyata
power cord , since they also use similar quality wire  it tells me why pay the extra when in an hour 
I can make my own .VH audio sells the cable and connectors,and when you pay a 15% discount on the wire. Why pay 3X what it cost me to make for similar results ,this too applies for Furutech awg 12 Wire.  https://www.vhaudio.com/furutech-fp-tcs21.html
128x128audioman58
Agreed. I am not a DIY guy myself but I had Chris VH make me up a couple cables using the Furutech FP-S032N wire and F-11 connectors. With a nominal assembly fee I had a couple great cables that cost sub $400.
There is always a much better sounding cable for less than what you spend on parts alone for your DIY cable. Always. Its not even close.
To miller carbon,what I am referring to is Furutech did 100% of the R&D and engineering , I just buy the ultimate in quality. In that respect ,in my vast experiences  I find I get= or better then the vast majority of powercords 
and cables at 1/4 of the price . Jond, you are correct you can get fantastic quality and value and save a Lot of $$  by avoiding the name brand markup.