Power cord with a Mcintosh MC402

Can any of you convey your positive experiences with power cords for my MC402? Amp is connected to a C2200 preamp using Purist Audio Venustas interconects and a HT Fantasy AC-10 as a power cord on the C2200. Was using a Cardas setup (Golden Ref XLR's and power cord for the amp) but found it a little too relaxed. Thanks. Dave
canucks0

Showing 1 response by likecap

Hi Dave, I use a VH Audio Flavor 4 with Furutech FL-25 Gold. Its really opens up the sound while maintaining the sweetness. The one caution I discovered with this AMP is that it does not like power conditioners. It needs to be feed directly from the outlet, otherwise it significantly constricts the sound and makes it rather dull. I use Nordost Blue Heaven XLR Interconnects and XStream Statement Biwire speaker cables with good results but I am thinking about switching both to Nordost Red Dawn to see if they'll result in a faster attack. I'm interested in seeing the other replies. I'm also curious if anyone has used a Shunyata Hydra 8 with the MC402 and the results. Good Sounds, Bill