Power cord supplied with Luxman L-509X Integrated Amp

The power cord looks really cheap for such a quality amp. A polarized 2 prong male end to plug into the wall and only 2 prongs on the amp. What can I replace this with and not be unsafe? Seems all aftermarket power cables have 3 prongs.

Go to my virtual system for pictures.
thunderball
It sounds like you need to do your homework.

Or better yet, experiment. That is if you do own any audio system.

Or don’t. And instead keep reading and posting in the Internet. If that is what gives you a hard on.

Where does the noise come from that gets in there without the shield?
And what is the mechanism that allows it to get in?
I’ve tried various audiophile power cables on my Bryston Integrated Amp and it doesn’t care what I feed it with. Bryston and Pass have long maintained that there is NO benefit in replacing the stock power cables with expensive "boutique" ones and, based on my experience, they’re right.

Finally.... someone with a bit of sense.
I have the 509x and tried comparing the stock PC to an Audioquest Hurricane and the AQ gave a better presentation, clarity and depth and therefore was noticeably better to my ears, so I kept the Hurricane....its whatever makes you and your ears happier....was it worth the $$, maybe to some and maybe not to others, simple as that...
Radio. Every wire is an antenna. Do you understand how radio works? Transformers? Same thing.
There are NOT entirely the same thing…
The majority of antennas are primarily designed as E-Field devices, (at least if we ignore loop antennas for tracking bats and fish).

The majority of ground loop problems are predominantly due to magnetic fields and coupling of those fields.
In fact, in a toroidal transformer there are no/little external magnetic fields… So it is clearly not an antenna

And we have not as, of yet been presented with a clear picture of what frequency(ies) the noise is operating at, we don’t really have a lot to go on in any objective sense.
It is sounds like everything/everywhere is a source and there is a Yoda like “Disturbance in the Force” that is picked up be sentient equipment.

I am not saying the stuff doesn’t work, but when Bryson and Pass say don’t waste money on them, and there is no before and after showing some goodness is happening… then it looks it can be higher on magic, BS, nano particles (etc), and somewhat light on provable facts.

If the OP wants a new cord, then “more power to him”. At least they look nice.

The fact that many people I know swear by them is perplexing to me, but I have not had access to try any for a free demo… So I have no subjective opinion on their effectiveness..
holmz
The majority of ground loop problems are predominantly due to magnetic fields and coupling of those fields.
No, that's not at all true. A ground loop - by definition - is two or more paths to ground of different potential. (Voltage.) It is as simple as that.