Power cord supplied with Luxman L-509X Integrated Amp

The power cord looks really cheap for such a quality amp. A polarized 2 prong male end to plug into the wall and only 2 prongs on the amp. What can I replace this with and not be unsafe? Seems all aftermarket power cables have 3 prongs.

Go to my virtual system for pictures.
thunderball

Showing 2 responses by hshifi

Hello, 
I have not demoed it, but the cable listed above by Lak looks interesting. I wish I could demo it to hear its sonic signature. 
Hello,
Just get the 3 prong of your choice. The ground at the IEC or amp end will not be grounded. What I have found is that the ground connected from the wall end acts as an RFI filter. I do this on my BlueSound Node 2i with an IEC to C7 adapter. I don’t know what your budget is and I don’t know if you have a chance to demo or try one of your power cables at home. My choice would be a Nordost Red Dawn, Puritan Classic Plus. Or a Straightwire Gray Lightning. If you have the budget the Black Thunder by Straightwire would be a better choice to add more detail. The reason for my choices is to get you to a thicker gauge (14 AWG or thicker) which will help the component breath. If it’s an amp you can go to 12 or 10 AWG. If it is integrated you will need to go with something that lets it have detail too. That is why I really like the Straightwire Black Thunder. All the gauge with lots of detail. If you are in the Chicagoland area you can test this for yourself by demoing them before you buy at:
https://holmaudio.com/
There are so many great cables out there to chose from but the gauge is most important along with picking a good quality cable. These cables I have recommended go from $250 to $700 for two meters. I hope this helps you out.