Power Cord Suggestions REF 5se

Just got a recently purchased ARC REF5se back from the shop and really got to hear it for the first time. The output caps were replaced, due to a long story for another time. Anyway, it is fixed and working correctly. At the end of the first night I came to notice that the high end was a little....fatiguing after several hours. I suspect that some is due to the need of the caps to burn-in, could some perhaps be due to the factory pc?

I am currently thinking about a replacement pc and would like to get some suggestions from guys familiar with the 5se. I am running Pass 260.8 with it and had been using a LS27 before getting the 5se and the top end was not nearly as fatiguing.

As it is a 20a plug and I do not have any on hand to swap and try I am hoping someone has already gone through the task. As I am convinced that pc make a difference, I am looking for a couple of names that I should investigate and for a pc I think used is fine, as it will also limit the downside should it not mate well in my system.

I have spent hours looking and researching a half dozen so far, with literally hundreds more to go. I am hoping for a short list of cable manufacturers/models to keep an eye out for.

BTW-I would like to stay away for a discussion about the validity of cables, I am a believer so if you are not, that's fine. Let's take it from there.

SteveA
128x128stevea11757

Showing 1 response by tomic601

The factory cord is quite good, when I bought my 5SE ARC was using SAIN at shows, not sure what they use now...
I bought a big MIT and it closed down image in my system. A better 6550 and breakin needed before you go spend a bunch of $ chasing dragons, and the 5se takes a very very long time to settle in... like 300 hours