Power Cord for my McCormack DNA-500

Paging all McCormack DNA-500 owners...

Santa was very good to me -- I landed a slightly used and very well cared for McCormack DNA-500 over the holidays. What an amazing amp! It has proven to be a substantial step-up from my Levinson 331 and really brings out the best in my Aerial 10Ts.

Here's the thing... because of the 20amp IEC component connector, I'm stuck using it with the original power cord for now. It's much more difficult to find PCs to "try" with the 20A IEC much less find one used here on Audiogon (although there are a few).

So, can any DNA-500 owners speak to the improvements your PC provides over the stock PC? I've seen lots of recommendations for the VH Audio Airsine. I love this PC and am using one on my orig Hydra. But... it took every penny I could scrape to buy the DNA-500, so a $700+ Airsine just isn't gonna happen anytime soon.

What about a Flavor 4 with 20A IEC on the component end? There is also a used Audience PC with 20A IEC. Anything else in the ~$300-$400 range that would be a substantial upgrade over the stock PC?

Thanks!
mdconnelly

Showing 1 response by 1markr

I used a DCCA power cable with my DNA-500 when I had it, and it was a great match. Don of DCCA has some cables listed now that he's selling as demos, so ping him to see what you can get in your price range.

The Extreme REF worked very well, being quite neutral, and the cheaper REF-1 worked well too, albeit at a slightly fuller sound with more bass.

Even though I downsized to a BAT VK-500, I use DCCA Extreme power cables on it, and have no desire to change.