Power Cord Flavors

Someone recently sent me an e-mail asking about warm and fullbodied power cords versus neutral, clear and extended power cords. I thought I'd post my opinion, and ask others to share theirs, too.

My system is tubes: VAC Phi 110/110, First Sound Presence Depuxe II, APL Denon 3910

Warm and full bodied in my system=
Purist Audio Dominus w/Fluid
Elrod EPS-3 Signature
Revelation Audio Precept
VH Audio Airsine

Neutral, clear and extended=
Shunyata Python and Anaconda
Electraglide Epiphany
Ridge Street Poiema!!!
Audio Indulgence Alpine Lace
TG Audio SLVR and 688
Z Squared
Absolute power cord

That's a scary list of power cords. I'm kind of shocked at how many I've owned and tried.
128x128tvad

Showing 1 response by sirspeedy70680e509

A question,regarding Electraglide.My pal,who is obsessed with PC's has recently upgraded his pre-amp connection,formerly using a top($3500 list)electraglide cord,here.He has recently replaced it with an Epiphany,and,as he does with virtually everything he gets,he is raving about the "upgrade" in sound.He has done this on many occassions,with other products,that have proven to be downgrades,and has eventually gotten rid of them,along the way.He has a good ear for other people's systems,but in his set-up,he is overly impressed with advertising hype(though he is changing,a bit).

Do any of you experienced Electraglide users feel there is any REAL merit to moving away from an existing great PC(Electraglide,yet not Epiphany),to the Epiphany,on Pre-amp?Is this a bit of overkill?

He lives in a different state,so I don't get there that much.

Thanks,for any responses!