Power conditioner or outlet?

I have a Shunyata MPC-12a power conditioner. Read that it was a good choice for audio equipment so I bought it. I also have high end power cords to all my equipment, as well as to my Shunyata.

I have recently read comments from listeners that you should plug your amp/preamp straight into the wall. Is that the case if you have a good power conditioner? I will do so if it is a better option, just concerned about no surge protection for the amps...but also don't want degraded sound! I am asking this because I am a newbie at all this, more money than audio sense. I am interested if anyone might have any experience in this
128x128easola01
Hi , did you upgrade the Outlets ? I have a Richard Grey unit and Silnote cords . But I also installed Hubbell medical grade gold plated outlets . I was amazed at how cheap the existing ones were . They utilized a spring push in system . The Hubbell’s  put the “Death Grip “ on my cords . If I ran big SS amps , I would go straight to the wall. Cheers , Mike . 
@vair68robert. I agree with the Tripplite Isobars for the noisy electrical items around the house. Fridge,microwave,etc, even lamps as they help keep noise out of the system. I’ve used them for a very long time. Rugged and reliable. (Useless for audio components). 
In my experience, plugging the Amplifier into the wall delivers more clarity and dynamics; have to say is not subtle, it's noticeable in my system. However, I'm not sure how much surge protection my Amplifier's fuse and built-in protection circuit -given it has one- could provide. I wonder if there is an affordable product that could protect your equipment from surges without altering the current/signal. 
kalali1,949 posts10-02-2018 4:52pm"it’s not so much the voltage that’s critical, but the current, and no simple voltage regulator can increase the available current - it’s the law of conservation of energy."

Sorry, I probably need a refresher on my EE but I thought one of the reasons folks invest in high quality power cords, dedicated circuits, or even care about high quality power supplies - both internal to the gear or external, was to avoid a drop in supply voltage as the gear, particularly high power amplifiers, draw current during peak demands as well as control sagging voltages during these swings.  Which part of the Ohm's Law am I missing?

You are missing total circuit impedance. You cannot add current without a regenerator/ sine wave creating unit, and they are large and expensive.
I have two dedicated 20 amp lines for my equipment.  I plug everything direct into those Furutech outlets.  I plugged in an iFi AC iPurifier which claims to have surge protection as well as noise cancellation, all for $99.  So amp, dac and streamer and then the iFi takes up all four plugs. 

I had a Furman 15i but got tired of the boxes and wire clutter and went for simplification as I never found it had any effect good or bad.  If the iFi does not work and equipment gets fried, I consider it a good excuse to get new equipment.  I feel the same way about my power tools, I love when I wear them out because then I can upgrade :)