Power Conditioner: Isotek, Audioquest or other?

Hello,

I know a lot of you do not like or believe in power conditioners. But I want to protect my system and improve sound and video quality.

I am trying to decide between the ISOTEK evo3 Aquarious and the Audioquest Niagara 1200 for my main system. I have read good reviews about them both, asked a couple of shops and one recomended the Niagara and the other the Isotek. Both gave the same reason: "it souds better".

First system: Power amp, preamp/dac, tv, computer, computer motitor, ruter, nas. (Probably will plug the last 4 on a different power strip)

For my second system, I am thinking about the Audioquest Powerquest 3, but I can not find any reviews. So, can any one tell me about their experience with it? I am open to other sugestions also.

Second system: Power amp, preamp, network player/dac, tv, computer and network switch. (These will all be plugged in to the Powerquest for example). I also like the powerquest3 because of the on off switch. I do not use this system as much so I like to cut the power off completly.

If you need specifics on my systems, I will give no problem.
Right now I am using 2 Salicru safe7 surge protectors, they are cheapos and probably not the best in protection or for my system.

Thanks.

coto37
Hi,

Bob, I thought the powerquest 3 was over a year old and used Garths design. I thought it was just a lower budget power conditioner. I was considering it for my second system, just wish I had more reviews to decide.

I know best protection is at the house mains fuse box, but I prefer not to mess with it because I am in a rental.

Also my question about the 6000V/3000A non sacrifitial surge protection question,was because compared with Isotek Aquarious it is less. The Isotek is over 67000A surge protection. So just wondering what would happen to the Niagara or PQ3 if it went over the value AQ gives. It will probably die, but will it protect sacrifing it self or everything connected will die too?

Thanks.
For a long time I have been using various parallel power filters and power distributors, devices from Isotek, MIT, Audio Magic and PS Audio.

But I was surprised to find the Nordost QB8 v2 beat them all and was the best in my system. I initially dismissed it as an empty box. It just has a simple looking PCB inside that apparently does some kind of star ground lift and nothing else. No filters of any kind.

I am using Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables, so perhaps there is a synergy with those cables, and it's possible with another brand of cables the gains using the QB8 would not be so apparent. So I can't say if the QB8 will work so well for everyone - but I am sold on it.

And it has a ground post to continue the Nordost upgrade path to add their new QKore grounding boxes (or something like the Enreq).
I'm fortunate enough to have the space for three audio systems plus a home theater set up. In my main rig I use an Isotek Aquarius with an Audioquest Thunder power cable. I purchased the Isotek from The Audio Doctor after reading how they compared Isotek to Audioquest and how the former blew away the latter.  I've been very happy with it and the only change I might make would be possible to go to a Isotek power cable. I love tbe Thunder but it's just too long (3 meters).  In my second system I use an Isotek Sirius, my third rig is a vintage set up and I have it all plugged in to a Furutec power strip. My home theater is plugged in to a Furman PST-8.  
@coto37
I have tried both brands Isotek and AQ Niagara.  Both did a good job of producing good sound from the equipment, but I will choose AQ because of better built quality. The Isotek has flimsy panels, and the paintwork is average.  I have more confidence in the AQ Niagara series.