Power Conditioner and Pandora Radio

A few months ago I purchased an APC H15 power conditioner and connected everything through it including my cable TV and internet. I was really surprised when I noticed that the sound quality of Pandora improved significantly with the addition of the power conditioner. Today, I had our home phone added to the cable package and also had the tech check out a few cable channels that we were getting error messages about being available soon on. He checked the signal at the wall and it was strong so I had him check the line coming out of the power conditioner and it was extremely low. When we bypassed the power conditioner our cable channel issues seem to be solved. I had been using the power conditioner to split the signal to the DVR and modem, but now there is just a y-connector and nothing is going through the conditioner. I've only listened for a few minutes, but Pandora didn't seem to sound as good as it was. I'd just reconnect that leg though the conditioner, but we have also lost our internet connection for short periods of time so I'm wondering if the power conditioner was having a negative effect on that signal as well. If that's the case, should I consider going with a three way split and just get something to convert the coax cable to the Cat5 that goes into the receiver? Can I bypass the router? Any thoughts?
mceljo

Showing 1 response by riley804

but we have also lost our internet connection for short periods of time so I'm wondering if the power conditioner was having a negative effect on that signal as well.

More than likely, the conditioner allows forward signal , but not reverse, so this would explain why you would lose internet connection.

If that's the case, should I consider going with a three way split

This will make things worse.

What you need to have done is to have a dedicated line installed for either the tv or modem ( doesnt matter which one ) , but it has to be dedicated.