Power Cables - Stock vs. Budget

Considering upgrading my stock power cords, but my budget is limited to the $150 - $175 range (4' minimum) per cord. At that price level, will I notice any real discernable difference?  Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

gnoworyta

@thyname:

Would start with my mono power amps (Van Alstine), then preamp (Primare) and eventually do my sources. All currently have their original factory power cords...

Take a look at Zavfino: 

Several tiers at all price levels. If that’s too much money, try Ali Express China cables 

Yarbo cables are your friend. Various models to pick from based on your requirements. I just outfitted my entire system with them after testing them for a while with my amps. 

Truly world class for the money.

I would skip Cullen as my dealings with him was horrible. The guy never responds on time and erratic.

Good luck

@rowlocktrysail 

Patrick Cullen is a first class guy super busy with running a business and being a family man. Yes, he's not the best at returning emails, but he does, particularly with a little persistence. As for his products, what are your thoughts? Do you have any experience with Cullen cables?

My experience is they do not cause the congested or restricted dynamic sound stock cords do or even some of the budget Chinese cords. To be clear, a Chinese power cord can be very good, just like any other region producing power cables. His cables (power, interconnect, and speaker) are all very flexible. What other company can boast that claim, while also using quality copper, plugs, and insulation? An added plus is he will not charge more than 200 per cord.

To the OP, I heartily recommend Cullen for all your cables needs. 

I have not tried it all. Based on my limited experience, $50 to 150 cords all sound almost the same. Minor difference. $300 to $500 is a good start as you get some good result.