Power Cables and Affects on Timing (and speed)?

I stumbled across an interesting finding (by accident) due to an earlier oversight on my part.

I will post what specifically occurred below.

PLEASE, this is for folks who are in the camp that find cables make a difference.

Have you found / noticed changes (or not) in musical timing due to power cords? If so, can you elaborate?

Thank you.

[Note: I ran a few searches for Timing and cables and did not find a previous thread dealing directly with this topic. There are posts related to PRAT. If you know of a specific / dedicated thread, please post the link. Thanks!]
david_ten
I have been evaluating new ICs.

Anyways, I forgot that my main power cord (same pc loom across my components) normally used to power the Pass XA-30.8 was being used with a recently arrived integrated amp.

To keep the Pass amp energized, I was using another power cord, which remained in --- as I moved to evaluate the ICs with the Pass amp (instead of the integrated). I realized this after a few days of IC evaluation with the Pass amp.

Once I swapped in the ’main’ power cord to the Pass amp, the sound signature of the system (and with the new ICs) changed and importantly (to me) the TIMING of the music across genres and recordings improved noticeably and markedly.

[I submit that shifts in timing are usually subtle (or small if you may) but the impact/result, when correct, is significant.]

I’d like to learn from this, especially in terms of power cords.

For those of you who have experience in this area, and have experienced the same, can you elaborate on your findings and help with any other pertinent details? Thank you.
Speed is probably more a function of clarity on the leading edges of sounds (or said another way higher bandwidth)

Hence adding a superior power cord that renders the leading edges of percussion for example will manifest as improved timing. That’s certainly been my experience and the current range of AudioQuest power cords are exemplary in this regard
Folk freak +1 with Audioquest very few cables can go near their tonal balance...
Well, I certainly think that power cords that are controlled for wire directionality, you know, like the new Audioquest lineup, including Hurricane, will exhibit superior timing, pitch control, tonality, things of that nature.
@folkfreak   Does the same apply to the trailing edge?

@jayctoy  Do you find / feel that 'tonal balance' and timing are related/connected? How so?

@folkfreak @jayctoy @geoffkait   Thank you.