Power Cables

Is it necessary to use the same brand and model of power cables for the amp and pre-amp? Any thoughts about mixing and matching? I know it all comes down to how they sound, but would love to hear your inputs or tips to guide me in the selection.
ct221933
Elizabeth,
Just curious what cable & connectors you put together that didn't work out for you. 
Post removed 
Power cords DO make a difference. I have gone through several. I wonder now if I was just trying to adjust for my room deficiencies? By this I mean, room acoustics.

I've been focusing on room acoustics for a few years. I find this aspect of "system building" is more rewarding and lasting, vs. the power cord of the week.
elizabeth, please keep us posted how the Pangea PCs perform as they age. There were a number of reports from the field that in contrast with most other brand cords the Pangea cords tend to get "worse" as they age. I've been using a couple of their AC14SE MKIIs in my digital source components for a couple of years and can't hear a difference as they age. They seem to be very well made but a bit rigid for tight spaces.