Power cable with small connector / termination

I am planning to make a change to move equipment to a more accessible location on a built-in cabinet/bookshelf in my house. The electrical outlet is in the lower section behind closed cabinet doors, but I want to have equipment on top of that, in the open area of the bookcase. This requires me to drill a hole at the back of the bookcase through the top of the lower cabinet so I can pass the power cable through it. I'd like to use a quality cable but all of the ones I currently own have gigantic heads on them and I don't really want to drill a 3 inch hole through the cabinet. Does anyone know of any power cables that have slightly more reasonably sized terminations? At least at one end, as I only need to feed it through one way.
jnehma1
Thanks all for the tips. This is for a US 15-amp plug. An IEC isn't that big but all the cables I own have an IEC sticking out of a huge cylindrical head that's the same size as the male end of the plug. Maybe 3 inches is a stretch but definitely a 2 inch hole would be needed. I do see some of the Cardas cables seem to have smaller heads on them. Looks like Pangea cables also have small heads too. I have one of those somewhere I can measure to see for sure.
jnehma1,

Do the connectors have screws visible?  As in removable like most aftermarket connectors.  If so and you are comfortable with a minor task of removing and re-installing one end you can reduce your drill size to that of the cord diameter + 1/8".   Sending the un-terminated end up through the now much smaller hole and re-installing the connector from up top.  Guessing you would now be in the 3/4" to 1-1/8" range for the pass-through holes. 

Just a thought to work with what you already own and not have to spend more for the sake of connector size.

Jon,

I have done this several times with my sideboard.  Pop off the IEC side (as many cables don't connect the shield at that end) remove the L, N, G wires, route the cable through a much smaller hole, re-terminate and now you have a very clean install.   Obviously, not ideal if you plan on changing out the cable periodically.  

Marty