Power Cable for Wadia 860X

Can anyone recommend a great power cable for a Wadia 860x that won't break the bank?
jla
Jla,

I've used a Synergsitic Designers Ref Squared, Res Ref MKII
and Nordost Eldorado. I believe the Nordost works best and
used they're around $300.

Good luck,
The most knowledgeable person when it comes to Wadia players is Steve Huntley from Great Northern Sound. While there is always a "better", more expensive cable available, he recommended a PS Audio Lab Cable as one that does everything fairly well, not really drawing attention to any specific frequency range and not costing an arm and a leg. I personally use one on my Wadia 861 and I'm pleased with it. Others have recommended an Acoustic Zen Krakatoa and that works fine too! I don't know what you're looking to spend for another PC, but there are quite a few out there that aren't rediculously expensive and most will significantly improve the performance of your Wadia. Good luck in your search...
P.A.D PURIST AUDIO DESIGNS . BUY IT USED ON AUDIOGON .
THERE WAS A COLOSSUS POWER CABLE A FEW DAYS AGO . I'VE HAD THESE WITH MY LEVINSON / ACCUPHASE SYSTEM AND I WAS VERY PLEASED . GOOD LUCK ! I MAY BUT IT MYSELF FOR A NEW HEADPHONE AMP THAT I WANT ! SEEMED LIKE A FAIR DEAL .....WILL NOT "BREAK THE BANK" AND WOULD BE AN EASY RE-SALE IF YOU WERE NOT HAPPY . THEIR "DOMINUS" POWERCORD IS ACTUALLY "WATER-FILLED." THAT ONE MIGHT BREAK THE BANK.....MAYBE NOT ! RAMIRO
Thank you everone for the great advice. Ucmgr, have you tried the Mini Lab on the Wadia?

BTW Ramiro....The Dominus would definitely break the bank....I wish the bank was larger!

John
Contact Sergeui at Stealth. He is a member here. He will make a sound recommendation. I've used the HACs with good results. MAke sure the female IEC connector is snug.
John,
I haven't tried the Mini Lab cable myself, but for $250-400 you should be able to get a Audio Lab. If you contact Steve, he's really the one that might be better able to help you.
Skip
Your wadia is so good, it's worth using the best power cord. Try the king cobra V2. I've used it on my wadia 861. I also tried the PAD dominus. The dominus was great but the king cobra won by wide margins - bigger depth, great soundstage, much detail.
My old 861 with the king cobra was in the same league as my current 270 + 27ix (with standard pc's).
There seems to be a magical synergy between wadia and the king cobra V2. You get it at audiogon for about 1000 $. It's well worth the investment.
I use a Shunyata King Cobra v2 on my Wadia 861 and think
it works really well. Anyway this was also recommended
as almost the perfect cord for this player by Steve Huntley
mentioned above.
I’ve had great experiences with my Wadia 20 Transport and Dodson DA-217 MK II D using the BMI Whale and/or BMI Shark.
Uli,
I heard that the King Cobra V2 is the best there is for a Wadia 861. You're probably right in saying that a unit as good as the 861 deserves as good a power cord as one can afford. I've just never could swallow spending as much on a pc, but I'll turn around and do just that for a pair of interconnects. I might just give one a try!
If you want a great power cord that is better than PS Audio (IMO), try the Pure Note Sigma. Only $150 for a 1m pure silver cord with Wattgate connectors.
I have tried a bunch. I like the Acoustic Zen Krakatoa. I compared it to the Powersnakes King Cobra and it makes the King Cobra sound dull and lifeless, like a piece of junk really in comparison, plus the King Cobra costs 3x as much

If you can spend a few bucks more I think the David Elrod power cords would be even better. I have tried Elrod cords replacing the Krakatoas on my amps where I found them to be much better, but I have yet to replace the Krakatoa on the CD player with an Elrod cord, but based on my experience with the amps I would bet it will be better on the CD player as well.
Have both the BMI WHALE Elite mk2 and SHARK on my WADIA 861
cd player. The Whale sounds nice, but the Shark is head and shoulders. The results were amazing in the imaging and resolution department. Detail and accuracy increased without being bright or too aggressive. The Shark is a perfect match on my WADIA 861.
I use the king cobra V2 or the Shark to great effect on my cdp. They have different qualities from each other, but they are both at the top of my list. I use the emc-1, I hope you don't mind it is not a Wadia.

I have tried nine different cords so far, all about in the same general price range.

I would like to try the Anaconda by Shunyata as soon as I can rustle up some more money.
UCMGR,
I also thought, a king cobra V2 is much too expensive for a pc, but what I heard was convincing. I now believe that powercords are as important as IC's or speaker cables.
By the way, with my 270/27ix I use electraglide cables with excellent results, but I may try a king cobra V2 for the 27ix, which is the critical part. An electraglide genghis khan might even be better but also more expensive than king cobra V2.
I might test both.
With these top pc's
Why is that many PC are named after some kind of fish/mammal or snake? Just an observation.
I'll second UCMGR's recommendation of a PS Audio Lab Cable. My buddy has an 860-x and I have a Wadia 301. We're both using Lab Cables and are very happy with the results. They seem to be very neutral, as was mentioned- improving everything, without coloring anything. You may have a different objective, but that's always mine in these matters.
Just replaced my ESP Essecce PC on my 860x with Tara's "the one"PC with noticable improvement. The new Tara cord seems to give added substance or body to the music without any audible downside.The improvement was especilly noticed in the bass region.( Listen through KEF Ref.3/2 )