Power Amps and Power Conditioners, Do you plug in?

Here is my situation. Like many of us I have always believed in plugging my amplifier directly into the wall socket. I have somewhat dedicated line, separate 15 amp line with Hubbell hospital grade outlets, that does not feed off a separate dedicated line. This is because I live in a co-op that has 14 floors and 170 dwellings. It is as isolated as I can get. It is better than what I had before.

I have a Monster HTS 2000 that is plugged into one of the four outlets provided in the dedicated line. I just purchased a Synergistic AC Master Coupler powercord that I am using with a Sim Audio Moon W-5. The powercord is not user-friendly. I cannot plug it directly into the dedicated line because it will not flex to allow me to do so. I plugged it into the amplifier section of the Monster HTS 2000, claimed to be non-current limiting, and gave it a try. There is no doubt that my system sounds more dynamic that it did before.

Am I fooling myself? Am I limiting the ability of my amplifier to perform at its peak? Does anyone else find themselves plugging their amplifiers into their power line conditioners and are getting similar results? Should I use the new power cord with my preamplifier through the power conditioner and plug my amplifier directly into my dedicated line with an inferior power cord?

I look forward to your comments and experiences.

Thank you,
Drew
drewfidelity
Thank you all for your responses. The only reason why I am plugging the amplifier into the Monster HTS2000 is because it is the only place that I can plug it into due to the inflexibility of the power cord. It just so happened that I thought I heard a dynamic difference. This may very well be that the new power cord is providing that difference. What I will do is run this for two weeks and then use the original power cord plugged into the wall and see if I hear a difference.
Hi Drew; Two observations: 1. If you really want to, Synergistic Research could put a right angle plug on your SR-MC for a reasonable price (if that would help?). 2. The Monster HTS 2000 was very well reviewed in TAS (I think), and they noted virtually no coloration(s) or loss of dynamics with the unit.

I use a Monster 1000 HTS for accessories, but plug all my main components directly into ded. outlets, but then I live in an area with little lightening problem. Good Luck. Craig.
AC power is an area many audiophiles don't pay enough attention to. I have found that the most effective solution is to have an electrician install a dedicated copper feeder cable to a new distribution box in your room. From there, you can install as many circuits as you need for each component. This is over-building, but you can't argue with the improvement in your sound and images. Manufacturers of conditioners and power-cords won't like me for telling you this. If you live in a high-rise, this may not be easy. Spread out your power demands to as many circuits as you can. Make your own extention/power cords using large gage conductors and high quality components. Follow your electrical code.