Power Amplifier To Pair with Klipsch KLF-20's

Hello everyone,
Ever since I picked up my first set of KLF 10's a year ago, I've been hooked on their sound. I now have a set of 20's and wanted to find a solid power amplifier to pair with them. I started using them with a vintage Yamaha CR-2020 receiver that I love, but I wanted to go down the separates route for these. I bought an Adcom GFA 5800 thinking that would be a solid choice, I've been a fan of Nelson's designs and had heard some good things about the 5800. After making sure it wasn't an issue with the specific 5800 I have, it seems that I'm feeding these KLF's a bit more than they need. There is quite a bit of background noise almost sounding like there is a loose connection between some of my equipment. I assumed that the power was the issue since the KLF's are very efficient loudspeakers and my 2020 which puts out 105 watts per channel didn't have any of this background noise. I was using the KLF 20's and the 5800 with a Threshold FET 9 Preamp and an Oppo BDP-95. To test my assumption, I had a friend bring over a pair of Source Technologies 7211's which are much less efficient in comparison to the KLF's and hooked them up to the same equipment. Sure enough the background noise I was hearing with the KLF's was gone. At this point I think I just need to get a power amp that is putting out something much less than the 250 watts this Adcom puts out. I'd ideally like to spend somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 dollars. I don't mind buying used. Any other KLF owners here with their recommendations?
128x128will_emanuel
I’m running 94% with planars. I have a 5800, that is quiet as a mouse.
That is a great amp... I’m sure you looked at the routing of the IC and PC.
My Adcom would show an IC problem. GOOD XLRs or shielded (only one direction) with RCAs, or noise.
Mine was very subject to routing issues. It’s been 4 or 5 years though.
I used that amp to run just about any and everything.. It never ran out of gas and was just a beauty to run at night up to about 20 watts or so.. 

600.00 for an amp.... tough

VTV is a class d, 250 wpc power amp that is brand new.. On Ebay... Free shipping.. Made in the US
Give us a review... I use the NC500s in lue of the Adcoms now..Over 4 years, cool as can be.. You can get 500 wpc for 200.00 more or so..

Happy hunting

Regards

Any good descent 200W+/WPC will sound good.
dont sort change ur self on watts!, you will need a good amp to handle spikes/crescendos/power chords/drums, etc. 

dont think the OP needs a 250 wpc amp when the speaker he is using is 100 dB sensitivity .
^^^ Agreed! The amount of power output from the amp is NOT the issue.If you are hearing background noise most likely some electronic component is deteriorating to the point you hear it in the massively efficient Klipsch speakers...
PS:Klipsch speakers are MADE for low power output Tube amplifiers...
You ought to look into a tube amp! They are going to add some warmth to the Klipschs and ghe Klipschs don’t need much powerp