power amp or integrated?--tube of course

I am looking to upgrade to a full tube system, currently have AR LS7 Pre Amp, EAR Phono stage, SOTA Saphire TT/MC Gold, Rotel 100 WPC Amp. I am considering VAC and BAT, Looking used--either the Avatar by VAC or one of their Power amps that have a suggested MSRP of about 4,000.00
Would also consider power amps from BAT, don't know if they make an integrated amp.
The appeal of one less componet makes sense, but I don't want to short change myself.
Would I be better off getting rid of the LS-7/EAR in favor of an integrated amp, or should I keep them and just get rid of the solid state amp?
I have a pr of Audio Physic Tempos.
Thx for your help
jim
jim_gerace

Showing 1 response by sze649166bb

Hi,
My humble opinion is surely pre-amp and power-amp seperate will be better. Higher flexiblity and up-gradability. Bi-amping is also possible in the future.
I am a solid state guy several years ago, I use the Accuphase E-203 integrated amp before, and I had shop over the market didn't find something suitable, until one day I come along the "Space-Tech Lab. " products, I goto their showroom and just want to take a listen. Surprisingly those amplifiers sounds terribly great, then I bring my TANNOY speaker to their shop and listen with their system, that speaker never sound so good before , just like vanished in the air, surrounded by music. Fully transparent and liquid. I am a professional consultant for live music show, I know that's what I am looking for in my life time, so I kept buying pre-amp, two power amps, 512x DA converter and even their speakers in the pass few years. Until now, I didn't hear anything can compare with that. Their web site address is "http://www.space-tech-lab.com" . I will tell everyone in the world about that company when I know people looking for tube amplifiers, for they are so damn good sounding.

Good Luck. Frank