Power amp for Vandersteen Treo?

My Audio Research SD135 power amp just died, and I'm considering my options.  It may be repairable, but I'm still researching an issue with replacement parts. 

What would be a worthy replacement of the ARC SD135 with Vandersteen Treos?  My preamp is an Audio Research LS 27.  I don't have a lot of cash.  I'm not interested in sizzle and boom, but musical fidelity, especially with piano, trumpet, and big, brassy symphonies.  I'm not a big fan of stuff I have to tweak, so tube amps make me nervous.  

Audio Research suggested I look at DS225, the class-D successor to the SD135.

My tech suggests Nakamichi Stasis amps, and in general, amps having a lot of immediately available current with refinement. 

I have an ARC D130 filling in, but it doesn't seem to play at the same level.

Suggestions?

rach_fan
yes of course. :-) My brother runs a T-200 w ARC / Lampizator front end to his Sig 3a.  The tweeter. in the Treo CT is superior, similar in the regular Treo. See my Casa Pacifica system for TREO CT w NAIM and Music Reference power. More than 100 w competent design is absurd. i run my RM-9 on the 2 ohm taps. Yes a low or zero negative fb amp like an Ayre is superb choice. Richard V has heard my NAIM amp on the treo, not dark at all. What is your budget ?
The low maint Vandy super friendly tube amps are the Quicksilvers but your balanced ARC pre should be used balanced. Consider Rogue also.
also while i own ARC gear , tHE DS225 is not a fave. it’s hifi wow sounding, maybe try finding a HD-220, or an Astetix AAtlas. stereo 
I may have found a repair for my SD135.  I thought it was a loss, but now...?  My SD135 was the "little brother" to the HD220.

When I first heard the Treos, it was with the LS 27 and an Ayre V5.  It was wonderful.  I'm not sure how the SD135 compares with the V5, but I was pretty happy with the SD135.  I think both have low negative feedback, right?  The Stasis amps have zero, and I think Ayre has zero.  The SD135 has 7 dB.
I am currently using Rogue M-180 Monoblock amplifiers with my Vandersteen 2CE Signatures. I am going to be upgrading to Treo CT's in the next few weeks. I can't imagine the M-180's won't be a good fit with the Treo's, because they sound pretty damn good driving the 2CE's.