Power Amp for Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v2

I've got a pair of Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v2's that I like in my 2 channel music-only application, but would like to try and get more detail, soundstage (3d), separation, and bass accuracy. In my research on web fora and review sites, many owners of my speakers report improvements in the aspects I'm looking for with the addition of a power amp that features higher wattage and higher current.

My question for the sages here is whether adding a power amp seems like an effective way to go, and if so, is it generally better to use a couple of monoblocks or would an single stereo power amp be just as good? I realize it probably varies by the individual product, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask whether *in principle* monoblocks or a single stereo are better for achieving the improvements I seek. Is there any alternative advice beyond amps?

My system consists of entry-level components from around the turn of the millennium (with links to specs)

* High end Sony CD player (long model # I can never remember)
* Arcam A75 integrated amplifier (50 wpc continuous, includes preamp out)
* Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v2

Some owners of my speakers report great improvement with the Rotel 1090, which seems to be designed as two monoblocks in a single chassis. I see one on eBay for $250, which is good for my budget, but not sure if it would play well with the Arcam.

Thanks for any insight you might provide, especially from anyone with experience of my speakers/components.

Jeff
jdrouin

Showing 2 responses by hordy240