Power Amp advice

I am looking for advice on a power amp to drive my Magnepan 1.7i's.  My source is my Cambridge Network player which I use to stream Tidal.  My preamp is Tube unit: Transcend 6SN7 Line Stage by Aric Audio.  My current amp is a Parasound HCA2200.  The Parasound has lately developed an annoying hum.  I was thinking of getting it repaired, but thought that now might be a good time to upgrade that 30 year old piece.

I was looking for advice on a good match for the preamp/speaker combination.  My budget is around $2,000.  I don't mind buying used.  I was thinking to go with tubes, but I fear that any tube amp with enough oomph to properly drive those Maggies would be well outside of my budget.

Discussions here are always thoughtful, so I am looking forward to what you folks have to share.

Thanks,
Mark 
128x128markainsworth
I have Maggie’s 1.7i. With a tube preamp and a high current solid state amplifier. Both are audio research. The combo of the 3 quite astounding. There are plenty of Audio Research deals under $2000 in the used market to complement  the Maggie’s. As for your hum if it is coming through your speakers it is likely a leaking filter cap in the power supply.

happy listening 
Thanks everyone, for all of the great advice. I look forward to more!!

I had not considered DAC, McIntosh or any of the brands mentioned by Lukaske (except Pass). I will definitely look into those.

I very much appreciate gratefuleric’s suggestion, even though I am not a fan of D class amps like the Nova. I am familiar with Peachtree’s excellent reputation, but I have a bias toward amps that look and feel substantial. (You know I’m a MAN because I can lift my amp!!)

Lukaske: Don’t worry I have never been tempted to use a sub-woofer with my Maggies. When I first got my Maggies they felt a little shallow on the low end. I knew it was the fault of my previous wimpy amplifier, (an old Yamaha AV receiver) because they did not seem shallow in the showroom where they were driven by hefty (and expensive) AR and PS Audio amplifiers.

With respect to the 7B’s and Pass 250.5, I am in agreement with kalali and adg101 on the value front. Plus, the Pass Labs amp is much prettier (I’m not too macho to appreciate pretty)

audiomaze:  I have not played with the tweeter jumper.  Maybe I will try that.  I am shy to disable the fuse, though.  I like my old Parasound, so an A21+ sounds like something I should look into.
Speaking of the tweeter jumper:  If my HCA2200 doesn't bite the dust, I may experiment with using it and the new amp to bi-amp the Maggies.

Schmitty: FYI the hum was not coming through my speakers. It appears to be solved, at least for now, by tightening all the screws I could access without dismantling the innards. I suspect a sympathetic resonance of some stripe. I also suspect it will return.
Mark,
We have similar systems, the same speakers, and pre-amp, let me strongly suggest.
D-Sonic.
Simply amazing combo.
The longer I live with it, the more it opens.
Give the owner a call.
David

FYI the hum was not coming through my speakers. It appears to be solved, at least for now, by tightening all the screws I could access without dismantling the innards. I suspect a sympathetic resonance of some stripe. I also suspect it will return.
@markainsworth
If its not there a week from now then it would appear that you solved it and its not likely to return. If the amp is doing the job for you will you still replace it?