Portable Player Recommendation

I am not sure where to post this but thought I would try here.  Currently I am using my LG phone but I am tired of all the beeps, squeaks and whatever as I try to listen, and it doesn’t really sound that great despite being on the cover of Stereophile and JVS saying it didn’t need a separate amp.  I am a starting a new job that will require some extended time away from home so I would like to get it right and I don’t want to carry a separate amp.
  I did have a Sony a few years ago that was the size of a matchbox, sounded amazing, but when the SD card filled, it was so tightly inserted that it broke during attempted removal.  To be fair the two reviews that I had read cited this as an issue.  It also didn’t stream.
  I wouldn’t mind something like that again as long as the SD card can be extracted and it it did a decent job as a streamer.  I absolutely don’t want an obtrusive interface loaded up with apps that have nothing to do with playing music.    Cans will primarily be Oppo PM3 and Meze Audio.

mahler123

Showing 1 response by mahler123

The Sony that I did have blew away the sound from my phone.  And no interruptions from email and texting alerts.

I am assuming that these things dont stream well, so I guess I would continue to the the phone for that, but I am interested in HD storage at this point, thus my emphasis on ease of removal of theSD card.

I called Crutchfeld to ask the sales guy about the SD card issue but the sales guy was worthless