portable ipod speakers?

Anyone bought a portable speaker system for their ipod? I was thinking maybe one of the Klipsch iGroove setups. Anyone have any experience? I know these aren't generally great sounding, but I need something portable for the wife. Just don't want to buy junk.
tstan7777

Showing 3 responses by tstan7777

Interesting stuff from Cambridge. By portable I mean having an active monitor w/ mini-jack or an all-in-one cradle/speaker box(i.e...simple connection). I have 2.1 M-Audio LX4 setup for my keyboards. Has to be best $200 setup ever. Shame they don't make them anymore. But this can't have a sub....too much stuff to drag around. She wants to take it to and from work. I might be able to talk her into 2 small monitors but that would take two wall plugs and I'm not sure how that mini-jack would get to a l/r unless they make a cable that breaks out that way. I should probably stick with something like this
http://reviews.cnet.com/speakers-speaker-systems/klipsch-igroove-silver/4505-6467_7-31594248.html
I just looked at the the Audioengine and I like the minijack input with rca jumper. You could just keep the the two speakers connected and plug the ipod up as needed. Any other suggestions? Been helpful so far.
Update.....going to wait a few more paychecks to recover from Christmas!!! Plus my son's bday is coming. I think I'm leaning towards the JBL though. I'll let ya know.