Pops/clicks with Aurender N100H + McIntosh C47 combo

I have had a N100H for several months an was using it feeding a Peachtree Nova500 without any issues. I recently replaced the Peachtree with a Mac C47+Wyred4Sound SX-1000R setup. Unfortunately, no matter how I change the settings in the Aurender (Fade In/Out, Time Delay, etc.) I get a sharp pop or click whenever I pause a track (streamed or played from the internal drive.) It wouldn’t be too big of a deal except that it is volume-dependent. When playing at higher levels, I’m concerned at the click may cause enough distortion to actually damage a driver in my speaker (likely the tweeter.) My short-term workaround is to always mute the C47 before I pause the track on the N100, but this is a serious pain and inconvenient....especially as my I’m not the only user of the gear. Another family member might forget to mute first and then....’bang!’  I've also noticed I can get the clicks sometimes when the resolution changes from one track to the next.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Where you able to eliminate it? My only two options that I can think of now are to 1. swap the C47 for a different pre/dac combo or 2. swap the N100 for something like the Lumin U1 Mini.

I’ve already spent more than I had budgeted for this system so any changes suggested need to be equal or less to the $ I already have committed. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW...I emailed Aurender support and still haven’t gotten a response (3 days.)
jkscherk

Showing 1 response by quicksand

@jkscherk 

Did you try a USB-SPDIF converter - curious as to the results.  

Glad you got this sorted out and to hear Aurender is that on top of things.