popping sound from l and r speakers

Hi folks. I have my 2ch system imbedded in my htr.
When watching tv, I get a popping sound when I change channels, pause or play on the dvr. The "pop" does not get louder in response to volume level on the htr, but it does go away if I have the htr set to "mute".

Any ideas of what I could do or if it is even a problem to worry about?

Thx!
jimmy3993

Showing 4 responses by jimmy3993

Uncertain-
Thanks!
Any time is fine. I had ruled out the nuforce as the problem and figured that it was the capri b/c when I took the capri out and just ran from the avr to the nuforce, the pop went away.
I have a call in to jeff rowland. If he has any ideas, I will pass them along.
Update-
I tried changing components and cables one at a time to try and isolate.
The only way that I could eliminate the "pop" to the l and r speakers when changing tv channels or pausing a movie was to take the capri out of the loop.( And that is *not* a workable solution. That much became clearas I tried to listen to music with out it.)
if anyone has any ideas, let me know.
thanks! I have swapped marantz and HK HTR rec but that didnt help. I am next going to try analog video (is that what it is called? The connection that we used to use for hd tv before hdmi came along) to see if that has anything to do with the problem.
thx!
please do!
My email is [email protected]
It will be over my head but interesting none the less.
When I taked the jeff rowland out of the loop and just run the pre out from the HK or the Marantz to the amps there is not problem. So I think that I will check in with the folks at jeff rowland and see if they have any fixes / thoughts.