Popping out dents in dust- dome. Can metal dome..

The day I got my new Klipsch RF7s, I noticed one of the domes had a small indentation. I had a friend help me unpack and position them or someone hit it with something. The indentation can be clearly seen in my system pics. I have been reseaching these forums and the web for a fix for 'metal' domes. I have found the fix for 'soft'domes, but have not found any info for the metal dome that I have on my RF7s. It is purely a cosmetic woe as it dose not affect sonic performance. Incase your interested, a better way of fixing a soft dome than the widely used 'sticky tape/adhesive' is very carefully, without any contact, use a vacuum hose. Holding it very close directly in front causes a difference in air pressure (lowers i think) in front of dome causeing the air pressure in back of the dome to increase. This gentily pops the dome dent out.

If anyone has a better way or can offer info on fixing metal domes, please enlighten. Thanks.
alburger

Showing 1 response by lake513

I would call Bill at Miller sound and have Him rebuild them . I had the # once but can not seem to find it now . He does great work and they would be better than new when He is done. Marc